Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hotel Rwanda


 1) I think Jack was right in his assumption that people would feel bad for the suffering of Rwandans if they viewed it on the news, but they would not feel inclined to do anything about it.
2) I think we have become somewhat indifferent to the suffering we see on the news because we are constantly bombarded by tragedy after tragedy on television. We see tragedies in the newspaper, hear about killings on the radio, watch it on the news and in our favorite tv shows. I don't think people are totally indifferent, rather have become desensitized to death by the constant exposure to it.
3) I think the only way I could make a legitimate and timely difference for Rwandans affected by the Rwandan genocide would be to raise awareness and collect supplies and money for a relief effort in Rwanda. Military intervention is not something the ordinary person really has a say in, which I think could be a reason people did not feel they were able to do something to stop the genocide.

No comments:

Post a Comment